25 May, 2007

Outdated birthday post

Ok, I'm finally able to do a post on what happened on my birthday...hahah...the belated post was due to the fact that my sis took eons (as always) to send me photos took using her hp...

Well...the celebration was brought a day forward because rumin had to leave for her taiwan trip the following day. Our day started with eating sushi @ parkmall sakae sushi before proceeding to sing ktv all the way till 11pm.

While we were walking out of the room preparing to leave for home, I searched for my hp which was hidden under piles of other stuff in my bag. I got a shock when I saw that I had 26 missed calls!!! Scrolling down the list are missed calls from my sis and home...and well, my first thought was something negative...probably something big and negative which might have happened in the family while I was enjoying myself in ktv oblivious to the ringing of my phone ( which I really couldn't hear it since my phone was as I had mentioned..."buried" in my bag...)

I found out later that the 26 missed calls were my sis's intention to "frighten" me because she was angry and frustrated that I always dun seem to pick up calls even though I've got a hp with me...so she kinda ganged up with my mum and kept calling me till I returned calls/picked up their calls. Well, if that's really her intention...I think she had succeeded and set a new record as well...ha..and hopefully no one else will ever break that record again...

So her real purpose in calling...was actually to see if I was able to meet them ( sis and her hubby plus 2 of my cousins) in orchard swensen as a form of a birthday treat..

The swensen's treat was to me a pleasant surprise because I really wasn't expecting a birthday cake at the early hour of 12:15am...I was really quite surprised when I saw the waiter serving the cake to my table with lighted candles when we were all browsing through the menus and I had initally thought of eating something light like the waffle ice-cream...haha..

It was a cookies and cream ice-cream cake...with that large cake...it was only to be consumed by 4 people...hahaa...oh and that black cardigan which I was wearing was actually a gift from the gals ;)

And as if one big ice-cream cake was not enough for us...there came the firehouse ice-cream which was free of charge...hahaha...and no one else helped me to eat the firehouse because all of them were very full already....and so I had to rotate between eating my slice of ice-cream cake and the firehouse ice-cream...it was indeed a very "sweet" 22...hahaah...my cousin was saying he wasn't gonna eat any more ice-cream for weeks...yea I agreed and I gained 0.5kg after that sinful night!!

One of my cousins jokingly asked: " What's your wish? Is it to get a job soon? "

Another cousin replied: " Hahaha...if wishes really come true...why would one wish for a job?!?! I would of course wish for money to fall from the sky lah!"

Hahahaha....hmmm...interesting.

All in all, it had been a great day for me with all that companionships, gifts and surprises! =)

***By the way, did u notice there's a capt jack poster hanging at the top right-hand corner of every pic? Hahaha....it's just so coincidentally that it was captured in those pics and i thought it's funny...cos swensen was having potc feast in their menus so the whole place was decorated with potc stuff hehehe***