19 April, 2007

Movies

Let me do a short review of the "recent" movies which I've watched...

300 - 7.3/10

Haha...sadly, this movie didn't make it to my A1 list. Well, I didn't even consider to watch that movie in the first place...not until hauling strongly recommended me to watch it =) I had to agree that certain scenes were filmed beautifully and they did leave me with impressions...but still, it won't be a movie which I'll like to re-watch over and over again...it's just not my cup of tea haha. Too much violence and bloody scenes although the blood spurting part seemed quite fake in my opinion...hmm.

Pursuit of Happyness - 7.4/10

I thought this movie would make it to my A1 list...but it didn't. It just lacked of something which I dunno what exactly it is for me to rate it 7.5 instead...haha. Perhaps I've rather high expectations for that movie...and it didn't turn out to be as touching and as inspiring as I thought it will be.

Sunshine - 6.8/10

Ha, I watched this movie by pure accident...as in I didn't intend to watch that movie too... my sis rang me up one night saying she was bored..asked me if I wanna go out and we ended up watching this movie. Although it's a film about a team of 7 astronauts on a mission to rescue our dying sun...I thought there'll be scenes showing what's happening to those people living on earth like what most movies on disasters do....but no....almost everything was filmed inside the space ship and the outer space...and hence I thought this movie has made some sort of a brave attempt. Not exactly a fantastic movie...but to think that I actually watched this movie at 2am and didn't fall asleep...I think it's good enough to justify a B3 haha.

So what exactly are my A1 movies that to date...I can... and will like to re-watch again and again without getting sick of them?

Hmm..currently what's on my mind would be...

金枝玉叶 1 ( He's a woman, She's a man)
- I've probably watched that movie in both chinese and cantonese versions for like around 10 times and I think it will just keep increasing...many scenes in that movie are just classics...lovely.

Pirates of the Caribbean 1: The curse of the black pearl
-One of the 2 movies which I had paid to watch the second time in cinema and probably watched for like 5 times on vcd hahaha...( joyce it's a good thing that you "keep" your vcd with me...haha..cos I ensure that it's not hidden in some corners and covered with spider webs..hehehe) ... Strangely, this movie with all it's sword-fighting, monster-looking characters and rather old setting of the movie shouldn't be my cup of tea too...but captain jack sparrow made it all possible =D Seriously, I would have give this movie a miss if not for my sis again...hahaha...I remembered I go to watch this movie with her because she couldn't find a good timing to watch with her friends and so " dragged" me along to watch with her. I went into the cinema without knowing what's the story ...without any expectations. I like the interesting twist in the story...captain jack's gestures...and the music! I was humming the music as soon as I walked out of the cinema...

Titanic
- This is the other movie which I had watched the second time in cinema ( what a coincidence, both potc and titanic are movies on the ships and sea...) If I were to re-watch this movie...I think I will put certain scenes on fast forward mode...cos it's a really long movie..but I remembered I do enjoy watching it...

Home Alone 1
- Hahaha...I simply love those tricks which the kid in the movie played on those 2 baddies...they never fail to make me laugh even though I prob watched like many times on tv...the kid ( dunno how to spell his name) was so so so cute back then! =D

Moulin Rouge
地下铁 (sound of colors)
Edward Scissorhands
Dante's Peak
无间道 1 ( infernal affairs 1)
.
.
.
etc.

Here's a film in my A1 list which I would like to especially mention...not because it's extraordinary good ..but because I think probably not many have watched before...and those who have watched it may find it boring or just average...but that movie warmed my heart...it's just hmm...magical.

Introducing... Finding Neverland.




This picture was taken from the last scene in the movie...a scene that left me in tears and deep impression.


Peter ( little boy): It's just, I thought she'd always be here.

J.M. Barrie (johnny depp): So did I. But in fact, she is, because she's on every page of your imagination. You'll always have her there. Always.

Peter: But why did she have to die?

J.M.Barrie: I don't know, Peter. When I think of your mother, I will always remember how happy she looked, sitting there in the parlor watching a play about her family, about her boys that never grew up. She went to Neverland. And you can visit her any time you like if you just go there yourself.

Peter: How?

J.M.Barrie: By believing, Peter. Just believe.



Gals, shall we watch spiderman 3 and POTC 3: At World's End together? Hahahah...I'm so excited!! POTC 3 is screening on the 24th May...but we can always watch at a later date..not too late though...I may not be able to control my excitement for too long...haha.

One last thing, if anyone happens to see POTC 3: At World's End Z.O cards around ( those free postcards) with captain jack sparrow's face on it....could u please help to get one for me? Haha...you will be greatly appreciated ! =)