Arrrrrr.....
I think I had more or less calmed down after previewing the whole movie soundtrack on the net after I got home...I was very angry and upset with what happened earlier in my 3 hours of movie viewing in gv marina. And it's not just any other movie but a movie which I had anticipated for almost a year!! It's none other than POTC 3 : AWE. I was watching the sneak preview of that movie with one-week in advanced booking of the tickets.With that high level of excitement involved...it just had to let me down with what turned out to be my worst ever movie-viewing experience in a cinema.
The movie started with soft dialogues exchanged between the casts which we could barely hear except for the background music. The sound problem continued for about twently minutes or so before it worsened to a part where absolutely no sound could be heard when the characters in the movie were clearly exchanging dialogues. Some of the viewers began to walk out of the cinema....( I supposed they go out to complain about the problem..) and moments after, the sound came back...dialogues could be heard BUT the music was obviously much softer....sigh...whats wrong with the sound system?!?!
This problem remained all the way till the end of the movie....sigh...it's really disappointing when the sound system did no justice to the beautifully composed music..it's really a let down to me because I had heard snippets of the soundtrack before seeing this movie and i thought the music themes created were the best out of the trilogy! Music is particularly important to action movies and it has to be played considerably loud to allow viewers to immense in that kind of mood...whatmore this is a pirates adventure movie with sword fightings caught in the middle of a maelstorm...arrrr
OK enough of my ranting. Everyone in the cinema was told to collect a one-time complimentary pass after the movie ended as a form of compensation to the inconveniences caused.
I wasn't expecting any free complimentary pass or free popcorns or free drinks what-so-ever as compensation means. It's just like...what's done cannot be undone. The sound system screwed up the movie and ruined my viewing experience. In my opinion, that ruined experience cannot be compensated fully in any means. ( not trying to sound serious here...but it's true...if I were to watch it the 2nd time with the complimentary pass..the experience won't be quite the same when you had already known what's gonna happened next...all forms of anticipations are lost...)
Two words to conclude: 倒霉, it's just pure bad luck.
On to my review of the movie....
I think I was expecting more of what POTC3 had to offer...more not in the sense of CGI effects, characters or humour to the movie but a stronger story plot. This was better than the second but still it's not able to surpass the original film which had all the elements mixed together in the right proportions. I felt that in potc2 and 3...some humour is created for the sake of creating them...betrayals are made for the sake of betraying ( they are pirates )...those sub storyplots seemed a little confusing and not too convincingly...
But overall, I did enjoy myself for the last 30 minutes or so when the final battle began...I think the ending was to my satisfaction...especially when you thought of how capt jack first made his appearance in the first scene of the original film...and how that first scene kind of coincided with his last appearance in this movie...it's funny.
POTC 1 : 8.8/10
POTC 2 : 7/10
POTC 3 : 7.3/10 ( It could have been higher if not for the lousy faulty sound system...argh)
The movie started with soft dialogues exchanged between the casts which we could barely hear except for the background music. The sound problem continued for about twently minutes or so before it worsened to a part where absolutely no sound could be heard when the characters in the movie were clearly exchanging dialogues. Some of the viewers began to walk out of the cinema....( I supposed they go out to complain about the problem..) and moments after, the sound came back...dialogues could be heard BUT the music was obviously much softer....sigh...whats wrong with the sound system?!?!
This problem remained all the way till the end of the movie....sigh...it's really disappointing when the sound system did no justice to the beautifully composed music..it's really a let down to me because I had heard snippets of the soundtrack before seeing this movie and i thought the music themes created were the best out of the trilogy! Music is particularly important to action movies and it has to be played considerably loud to allow viewers to immense in that kind of mood...whatmore this is a pirates adventure movie with sword fightings caught in the middle of a maelstorm...arrrr
OK enough of my ranting. Everyone in the cinema was told to collect a one-time complimentary pass after the movie ended as a form of compensation to the inconveniences caused.
I wasn't expecting any free complimentary pass or free popcorns or free drinks what-so-ever as compensation means. It's just like...what's done cannot be undone. The sound system screwed up the movie and ruined my viewing experience. In my opinion, that ruined experience cannot be compensated fully in any means. ( not trying to sound serious here...but it's true...if I were to watch it the 2nd time with the complimentary pass..the experience won't be quite the same when you had already known what's gonna happened next...all forms of anticipations are lost...)
Two words to conclude: 倒霉, it's just pure bad luck.
On to my review of the movie....
I think I was expecting more of what POTC3 had to offer...more not in the sense of CGI effects, characters or humour to the movie but a stronger story plot. This was better than the second but still it's not able to surpass the original film which had all the elements mixed together in the right proportions. I felt that in potc2 and 3...some humour is created for the sake of creating them...betrayals are made for the sake of betraying ( they are pirates )...those sub storyplots seemed a little confusing and not too convincingly...
But overall, I did enjoy myself for the last 30 minutes or so when the final battle began...I think the ending was to my satisfaction...especially when you thought of how capt jack first made his appearance in the first scene of the original film...and how that first scene kind of coincided with his last appearance in this movie...it's funny.
POTC 1 : 8.8/10
POTC 2 : 7/10
POTC 3 : 7.3/10 ( It could have been higher if not for the lousy faulty sound system...argh)