24 April, 2007

Blur to the extreme - joke of the day

Just as when I thought that my blurness cannot get any worse...

Incident 1 - rushed down to school by a cab during peak hours with the sole purpose of burning dvd just to realise later that I forgot to bring a blank dvd with me ( the only other important thing that I ought to bring beside my thumbdrive!)

Incident 2 - happily strolled to the neighbourhood library...took my time to browse through the books which I wanna borrow...while at the borrowing station, to my surprise and horror... 2 of my library cards had reached the loan quota and I had not brought any books with me to return....grrrrrr

I was capable of more - yet to unleash my full potential - blur to the extreme.


And so the story went like that ...

Yesterday, Xuan, Wanling and I planned to meet for dinner. All the while, we were communicating through smses. Knowing that I'll be joining them at a later time, xuan sent me a message that went something like : " We are at lido...will be having pepper lunch...next to mos burger."

And so...I interpreted the message as....both of them were shopping at lido...but later they would dine in pepper lunch at taka ( which is coincidentally , next to mos burger as well). Well, the reason why I came out with such interpretation was....I never knew that there's a pepper lunch outlet in lido...and I always thought that the outlet in taka is the one and only that existed in orchard!

On my way to taka... xuan called to tell me that they were queuing up for food...and they had gotten a table number 62 ( which I realised later that the number was meant more for food order...)

When I reached taka's pepper lunch... I didn't see the both of them sitting near the entrance...and so my first thought was..."probably they were sitting futher in" Without any doubt, I proceeded to order my food because the entrance directly led you to the counter. I told the crew over at the counter that I'll be joining my friends at table 62 and hence I did not need a new number...but he explained to me that that doesn't matter and he'll still need to issue me a number because the food goes to where the number is. After paying up, holding on to a table number and a drink...I walked around the whole restaurant in search of wanling and xuan. Heart beat started to increase after walking around the whole place for like third time...my first thought then was...have they finished their food and left the place without informing me??? I put down my things on an empty table and started calling xuan....


"where are you? I can't find you leh...."

" Huh? We're at lido's pepper lunch leh..."

晴天霹雳 [ thunders rolled and lightning striked ]

"Lido!!!!!!!! You're at lido???!!! Oh my god...I'm at taka leh...I thought you gals are at taka!!"

" Huh???!!! Then have u ordered your food yet?? "

" Ordered liao!! ..........." [ still in an unbelievable daze ]

Just then, the crew member walked up to me with my salmon pepper rice....

" Errr...we'll about to finish our food...we'll join you later...."


While I was sitting there and eating alone for like 10 mins or so before both of them f-i-n-a-l-l-y came ..I can't help but to think how silly I was...hahahahaha...I guessed half of the time while I was eating...I was probably smiling to myself...can't help smiling at how blur I can get...especially so when I told the crew that I'm here to JOIN my friends!!! Hahahaha...upon seeing me smiling and eating with absolutely no friends around me....they must have thought that this person has imaginery friends!!! Oh man....hilarious....

Ok, enough of my blurness.

I was just in time to finish painting wanling's pair of earrings before she flies back to europe tmr and probably won't be back for another 2 yrs or so...

Before- A pair of white earrings which she bought during our hk trip last year...and I had promised I'll paint for her....hahaha..well, I delievered my promise...but that's like almost a year later....hehehehe






After - I suppose it's not exactly a fantastic job done...could be better if there's more resources with me. I only had a few colours of acrylic paints with me and so I decided to go with only the black paint to contrast the white original base....I think it will look even better if you could stick some random pieces of fake small, round diamonds on them...and with the vanish to give them the shine...