27 May, 2007

Again

Yesterday afternoon was spent... watching POTC3:AWE again at gv grand with shu rong using our complimentary passes. Yes, I was initially unsure if I would watch that movie again...because I could perhaps put that free pass into better use by watching another movie. However, within that one month validity of the pass, there's no other movie which interests me...and the more I thought about my unpleasant movie experience...the more unsatisfied I felt. I just had to re-watch the movie again with decent cinema sound system..because I firmly believe that sound and image go together hand-in-hand for a full theatrical experience.

And so, we were at the counter exchanging our passes for the tickets when the counter crew said that those passes were meant for movies that are released more than 2 weeks and POTC wasn't one of them and hence not allowed to exchange. Well, we were obviously shocked because I have read the terms and conditions stated on the pass umpteen times but no where was such rule mentioned. We explained to the crew W-H-Y we were even given those complimentary passes in the first place...and luckily, she made the right move ( that was to give us the tickets for the show) upon hearing our explanation. If not, I really could have lost my temper...and tell her straight in the face: " Ok then, take these passes with you...I don't think I need them anymore and I'm not gonna watch any movie in gv ever again." Turn and walk away.

Seriously, if compensation is ever made with such rigid terms...then why even bother to compensate? I'm not gonna accept it if that's how little the amount of sincerity is shown. I dun think I'm someone that gets angry easily but my temper can get really bad when being provoked. There's only that much nonsense one can tolerate.

This time round, the movie-viewing experience at great world city was wayyyyy better than that awful experience which we previously had to endure at marina. We were finally able to hear the sounds( including background music) at decent levels which was just what we needed to bring us into the mood of the different scenes shown.

A second-time viewing of the movie had also allowed us to look more into the details and other stuff which we previously failed to comprehend.

*** POTC 3 : AWE Spoilers Ahead ***

I remembered after the movie when we were viewing it for the first time, peiru asked why will turner being the new captain of the flying dutchman didn't suffer from that same monsterlike look of davy jones and none of us could really answer that qns at that point of time...

Haha...this just proved how little we had paid attention to the dialogues...( yea, I blamed it to the irritating sound system even though we could read the chinese subtitles..being irritated is enough to make you feel distracted. )

According to what I have comprehended is that...calypso aka sea goddess made davy jones the captain of the flying dutchman and being the captain came with one important responsibility....that was to ferry dead souls to another world and could only step on land once every ten years. Being in love with calypso, davy jones did his duty and waited for that one day which he could step on land again to meet her. That one day came but calypso did not turn up...davy jones was so upset that he carved out his heart and stopped carrying out his duty of ferrying dead souls. By doing so, he and his crew were cursed by calypso to look like sea monsters...he in turn taught the pirates how to bind calypso into human form as a punishment for her betrayal. When davy jones was dead, the curse was released and hence will turner was spared from looking like a monster.

*** POTC 3: AWE Spoilers End Here ***

Well I think hauling once said that these potc movies are not meant to tell u a very good storyplot ...it's more of a sit back, relax...and enjoy-the-adventures kind of movie. I'm begining to buy into her theory...because this way you will really enjoy the movie more =)

POTC3 : AWE - 7.6/10 ( rating adjusted with 0.3 up for the improved sounds to the movie. haha)