14 May, 2006

Food and Space.

So finally, I have settled stuff for my birthday buffet. I have placed the orders and all that is left is to pay up on the actual day...haha.

And now, I'm worried if my guests will like the food. That is important to me as I know that I have nothing to offer for my guests....no games, no entertainment except Jacky Wu's variety show "我猜我猜我猜猜猜" which aired on a friday night ( that is if u count that as entertainment lar), no prizes/lucky draw to be won....I dun even know how to mingle with them....and so food is like the only thing that I could offer and hence it must be of a reasonable standard....and not something like below average.

Food is important for another reason too. This is the first time that I get to plan food which caters for 20-30 plus people. From food caterer to the food menu...I made all the decisions. If my guests find the food lousy...then I would feel that I have not done my part as a good host. It's like...you have sort of wasted their time and effort of coming to your party....But if the comments are positive, then I guess it would be pretty encouraging! Haha...

Honestly speaking, I'm so worried after placing the orders that I went to check out forums which have topics on food caterers... So far so good...comments by the people who have used that caterer were very positive =) I guess I should have more confidence in myself...cos I have tasted their food in a friend's party actually...I find it good and hence I'm using the same caterer as my friend with some changes to the food menu. I strongly recommend the mini chocolate eclair. Haha..they ran out pretty fast on my friend's party...Probably the first item with an empty tray.

Another thing to worry about is the limited space of my house eh. Hahaha...I dunno where my guests should sit...cos I'll be moving furnitures like sofas out of my living room to another room...in order to have space for the buffet. Hahaha...I seriously think some of my guests would probably have to sit along the stairscase?! Haha..I have no idea man...gonna do all that shifting on thurs! =) When there's a will, there'll be a way! ;)

Up next will be to order a cake asap....I've grown to like Tiramisu and I think I'm going for that at Sweet Secrets Pastry Shop ba...