02 April, 2006

Campus Superstar

Omg! Pei Pei! Self-control!!!! You mustn't vote for tmr's finals!! You mustn't fall into the trap!

Hahaha, these days... I was complaining to my friends on msn that there have been an overwhelming number of "talent scouting" shows on TV.....too many really...singapore idol, project superstar, superhost, super idol, the on-going campus superstar and the about-to-begin superband!!! All of the above require the audiences to vote for their favourite contestants and usually such voting system weighs a much higher percentage than the judges' professional ratings! Awww....I think hor... such " talent scouting" shows must have help the corporation to make alot of $$$ ....with all that heavy voting!! One call is 60 cent k! Make 5 calls can buy a bowl of fishball noodles and drink a cup of kopi ler! haha...

Well, initially rite...I dun watch the campus superstar....not until when I caught zhiyang's performance. That night , he sang david tao's " 二十二"....his skillful rendition of that song totally blew me away haha...esp when the standards of the other contestants before him were so-so only...

And now, he has made his way through to the top 2 of the males! =) Ahhh...I hope he emerges as the champion cos frankly, I think he deserves it. I always have a liking for males who can hit high notes beautifully....and at an age of 17...he can do that at ease( when he's not nervous). Yup, hehe...if u ask me to compare junyang's vocals( my fave contestant in project superstar) to zhiyang's vocals...I would prefer zhiyang to junyang haha. Really, that kid has a voice that is so soothing...he likes to sing david tao's songs but he dun have the shadow of david tao's vocals...he does them in his own new rendition which is really soothing..it makes me feel like I'm sitting in a lounge bar ....haha. Ahhhh!! I'm so tempted to cast a vote for him tmr!! But ...but....I must c-o-n-t-r-o-l..........cannot let that corporation eat my $$$...even if it's only $0.60! I believe.... even if he loses the competition tmr( my intuition tells me he's not likely to win cos of the 70% voting)...his talent will still be recognised someday! Yay! =)

P/s: He's gonna sing and play the piano in tmr's competition! Awww...haha, guys who can sing and play the piano are extremely charming to me! ( just like Jay...;))