It's a Happy June :)
Alot of random thoughts on my mind now... haven't been recording the stuff that's happening in my life recently ( not that there're alot of interesting happenings for someone anti-social like me, haha ). Most of the time, what I did was to upload the photos to facebook and let them speak for themselves.
This summer was fun. Lots of fun :)
First there was the sungei buloh wetland reserve road trip, ktv, stayovers, cod roe udons, movie marathon, milk tea, cheesecakes, egg tarts, mango iced, roller coasters, Van Gogh's movie + Da Vinci exhibiton, movies, new clothes, sales, cable cars, casino..............
I was glad that we ( Hauling, Xuan, Joyce and I) were able to catch the Transformers together at the very last minute, watching the sat mid-night show which finally had available seats... just 2 days before Hauling flew back home. No no...it's not that I love the Transformers movie so much that we must watch it together asap ...it's just that... you know...towards the end...nearing the farewell moment... somehow you just wish to prolong every minute spend together... even if it's just watching a movie, sitting side by side ...without any form of communication. It's the company really :) After the movie, we went to the 24hrs mac for some chit-chatting ...hahaha...and by the time it was nearing 5am... I could see that Joyce's eyes were all teary (tired) but we were still sitting there nuan-ing ... haa~~~ the 依依不舍 moment is probably what I'll remember years later ... not the movie itself ;p
The movie was fine... well basically I had no expectations for such action movie film. And I have no idea if the special effects is A class or not... I just knew that around the last quarter of the movie...I kept thinking how many more bad guys (robots) do they have to overcome to finally get to revive optimus prime huh?!?! Hahaha.... it's then that my mind began to wander away... thinking what to eat/drink later after the movie,picturing the farewell scene @ the airport on monday.... hahaha! I had been watching two 'robotic/machines' movies in a row...first was the Terminator Salvation and then this... haha I don't think I wanna watch another movie of the similar theme anytime soon. I actually thought that some smaller 'insignificant' robots from the Transformers were pretty similar to those smaller 'insignificant' terminators in Terminator Salvation, especially those with the tails at the back. Hahaha... 眼花缭乱。And talking about movies, Public Enemies is screening here this coming 9th July!! Woo~~~ faster than expected seh... hehe ;) Another action movie yet again with plenty of shooting it seems ... haha but this time I'm quite sure my mind won't wander away even if the movie is not engaging (2hrs 20min)... hahaha~(感觉自己像个大色狼! Woooo~~)
And...there was the Da Vinci exhibition and Van Gogh's Imax movie @ the Singapore Science Centre. Those two were pretty good...although I had expected more. I did learn new things about the two artists and their works. Besides revealing the 'secrets' of Mona Lisa and gaining a better understanding of his other famous artworks, whats amazing to me was that during his era with no electricity and wires... being the great engineer that he was... he's able to come out with countless of inventions/drawings solely based on the pulley systems and forces applied, whether they work or not in reality. Though I'm extremely bad in physics and probably dislike the subject very much ( I blame it on my sec teacher, haha ) ... looking at the simplicity of using applied forces to make things move/function is something that awed me... especially so when we are so used to living in this digital era and everything just comes on conveniently with a switch. And as for Vincent Van Gogh, I remembered telling Hauling that I preferred Van Gogh to Da Vinci and the real reason I was there was to view the Imax movie about his life and works ...and viewing the Da Vinci exhibition was a secondary thing... 顺便 you know...since they are just 5 mins walk from each other, haha. And Hauling replied by saying..." but he's maddddd you know! " Hahaha...yesss. Well, I have a strange theory. I believe the fact that Van Gogh wasn't thinking 'logically' with his mind ... he painted with his heart ... and thats why we feel the emotions and energy within his brush strokes which are highly-engaging for me.
Also, not to forget the family trip to Genting & KL :) Although there's bickering and complaints here and there along the way... those unhappy moments were insignificant and may even seemed funny as I thought back. Afterall, we were there to have a good time together! :) Well, I think I miss the cool weather...hehe.
You gain some and you lose some, thats what they always say. I got to spend time with my family but I missed out on the opportunity of going Taiwan with the girls. And yea, that's mainly due to my budget problem. That day after we sent Hauling off at the airport, Xuan and I went to Joyce's house. Joyce's father was asking me why didn't I join the girls for the taiwan trip... I smiled but didn't answer...and he continued to say " 。。以后跟 uncle 讲, uncle support 你!你以后再还我。。。" and when we were leaving , he said... " 下一次,加拿大一定要去 huh! " Haha, it was funny, touching and embarassing at the same time. An overwhelmed of emotions...
Back track to a few days before...somewhere on the 20 plus june. I received an sms from Joyce in the morning about a hourly-rated job lobang on some mundane task which will last for about ten days in July, asking if I was interested. 如果是以前的我,应该不会多加思索就拒绝。。。反正工作跟艺术或设计领域毫无关联,尽管当时并没有收入。那天看到简讯后,同样也是没去想太多, 不过这次我的回复是 :‘yes.’ 当时,脑海里浮现着之前读过的一本绘本, 插画家高木直子的 《 一个人漂泊的日子》 里所写的亲身经历。当时的她在东京闯荡立志要当一名插画家, 却到处碰壁,结果在积蓄逐渐耗尽的情况下。。。什么 sai kang,brainless 的工作都做。。。晚上回家后继续画,为理想继续努力!想到她的故事,就觉得其实也没什么好丢脸的 (我指的是 sai kang 的工作, 总觉得毕业以后还做些 hourly-rated 而且又和自己的领域无关的 job 好丢脸啊!现在想想, 其实所有的脸早就丢尽了嘛~~~哈哈哈,还有脸可以丢 meh?! ?!
Johnny Depp once said in an interview, " Money doesn't buy you happiness. But it buys you a big enough yacht to sail right up to it." He owns a yacht which is the mode of transport he uses to bring his family to the island that he bought. And when he's in the island together with his family, it's where he finds peace, freedom and happiness...away from the paparazzi. I think I'm seeing a clearer picture of that idea...
再远大的梦想、理想 or whatever...
也需要金钱的支柱。
(买材料工具、买书参考、印刷费用、推销自己。。。)
No, I do not want to be a starving _________. ( whatever you may call me )
*Ha, the above was written on separate days and so they probably don't flow well and erm...very random!
This summer was fun. Lots of fun :)
First there was the sungei buloh wetland reserve road trip, ktv, stayovers, cod roe udons, movie marathon, milk tea, cheesecakes, egg tarts, mango iced, roller coasters, Van Gogh's movie + Da Vinci exhibiton, movies, new clothes, sales, cable cars, casino..............
I was glad that we ( Hauling, Xuan, Joyce and I) were able to catch the Transformers together at the very last minute, watching the sat mid-night show which finally had available seats... just 2 days before Hauling flew back home. No no...it's not that I love the Transformers movie so much that we must watch it together asap ...it's just that... you know...towards the end...nearing the farewell moment... somehow you just wish to prolong every minute spend together... even if it's just watching a movie, sitting side by side ...without any form of communication. It's the company really :) After the movie, we went to the 24hrs mac for some chit-chatting ...hahaha...and by the time it was nearing 5am... I could see that Joyce's eyes were all teary (tired) but we were still sitting there nuan-ing ... haa~~~ the 依依不舍 moment is probably what I'll remember years later ... not the movie itself ;p
The movie was fine... well basically I had no expectations for such action movie film. And I have no idea if the special effects is A class or not... I just knew that around the last quarter of the movie...I kept thinking how many more bad guys (robots) do they have to overcome to finally get to revive optimus prime huh?!?! Hahaha.... it's then that my mind began to wander away... thinking what to eat/drink later after the movie,picturing the farewell scene @ the airport on monday.... hahaha! I had been watching two 'robotic/machines' movies in a row...first was the Terminator Salvation and then this... haha I don't think I wanna watch another movie of the similar theme anytime soon. I actually thought that some smaller 'insignificant' robots from the Transformers were pretty similar to those smaller 'insignificant' terminators in Terminator Salvation, especially those with the tails at the back. Hahaha... 眼花缭乱。And talking about movies, Public Enemies is screening here this coming 9th July!! Woo~~~ faster than expected seh... hehe ;) Another action movie yet again with plenty of shooting it seems ... haha but this time I'm quite sure my mind won't wander away even if the movie is not engaging (2hrs 20min)... hahaha~(感觉自己像个大色狼! Woooo~~)
And...there was the Da Vinci exhibition and Van Gogh's Imax movie @ the Singapore Science Centre. Those two were pretty good...although I had expected more. I did learn new things about the two artists and their works. Besides revealing the 'secrets' of Mona Lisa and gaining a better understanding of his other famous artworks, whats amazing to me was that during his era with no electricity and wires... being the great engineer that he was... he's able to come out with countless of inventions/drawings solely based on the pulley systems and forces applied, whether they work or not in reality. Though I'm extremely bad in physics and probably dislike the subject very much ( I blame it on my sec teacher, haha ) ... looking at the simplicity of using applied forces to make things move/function is something that awed me... especially so when we are so used to living in this digital era and everything just comes on conveniently with a switch. And as for Vincent Van Gogh, I remembered telling Hauling that I preferred Van Gogh to Da Vinci and the real reason I was there was to view the Imax movie about his life and works ...and viewing the Da Vinci exhibition was a secondary thing... 顺便 you know...since they are just 5 mins walk from each other, haha. And Hauling replied by saying..." but he's maddddd you know! " Hahaha...yesss. Well, I have a strange theory. I believe the fact that Van Gogh wasn't thinking 'logically' with his mind ... he painted with his heart ... and thats why we feel the emotions and energy within his brush strokes which are highly-engaging for me.
Also, not to forget the family trip to Genting & KL :) Although there's bickering and complaints here and there along the way... those unhappy moments were insignificant and may even seemed funny as I thought back. Afterall, we were there to have a good time together! :) Well, I think I miss the cool weather...hehe.
You gain some and you lose some, thats what they always say. I got to spend time with my family but I missed out on the opportunity of going Taiwan with the girls. And yea, that's mainly due to my budget problem. That day after we sent Hauling off at the airport, Xuan and I went to Joyce's house. Joyce's father was asking me why didn't I join the girls for the taiwan trip... I smiled but didn't answer...and he continued to say " 。。以后跟 uncle 讲, uncle support 你!你以后再还我。。。" and when we were leaving , he said... " 下一次,加拿大一定要去 huh! " Haha, it was funny, touching and embarassing at the same time. An overwhelmed of emotions...
Back track to a few days before...somewhere on the 20 plus june. I received an sms from Joyce in the morning about a hourly-rated job lobang on some mundane task which will last for about ten days in July, asking if I was interested. 如果是以前的我,应该不会多加思索就拒绝。。。反正工作跟艺术或设计领域毫无关联,尽管当时并没有收入。那天看到简讯后,同样也是没去想太多, 不过这次我的回复是 :‘yes.’ 当时,脑海里浮现着之前读过的一本绘本, 插画家高木直子的 《 一个人漂泊的日子》 里所写的亲身经历。当时的她在东京闯荡立志要当一名插画家, 却到处碰壁,结果在积蓄逐渐耗尽的情况下。。。什么 sai kang,brainless 的工作都做。。。晚上回家后继续画,为理想继续努力!想到她的故事,就觉得其实也没什么好丢脸的 (我指的是 sai kang 的工作, 总觉得毕业以后还做些 hourly-rated 而且又和自己的领域无关的 job 好丢脸啊!现在想想, 其实所有的脸早就丢尽了嘛~~~哈哈哈,还有脸可以丢 meh?! ?!
Johnny Depp once said in an interview, " Money doesn't buy you happiness. But it buys you a big enough yacht to sail right up to it." He owns a yacht which is the mode of transport he uses to bring his family to the island that he bought. And when he's in the island together with his family, it's where he finds peace, freedom and happiness...away from the paparazzi. I think I'm seeing a clearer picture of that idea...
再远大的梦想、理想 or whatever...
也需要金钱的支柱。
(买材料工具、买书参考、印刷费用、推销自己。。。)
No, I do not want to be a starving _________. ( whatever you may call me )
*Ha, the above was written on separate days and so they probably don't flow well and erm...very random!


