07 May, 2009

Substitution?

Haha... so now that I'm not going to hk anymore, I might be going on a trip to the Genting Highlands with my family in June, probably during the period when the girls would be in taiwan having fun! Hahaha...Genting sounds so much like a substitution or a consolation for not being so suitable to fly to hk at this moment. Well... it's located at the peak ( although it's not the same as the Victoria's Peak ), got theme parks ( although that's not Ocean Park ) and cable cars... and there are restaurants for dim sum... hahaha... yea mini consolation.


The fact is... my sis has already booked the coach seats and hotel rooms last week... and seeing that my hk trip has 'bubbled into nothingness' ... she asked me this afternoon again if I wanna join the family trip together with our parents. I'm not so interested in Genting actually... other than the outdoor theme park shown on the official website, doesn't seem like there's alot of things for me to do and I think food wise may just be more or less similar to our local food... haha :p Buttttt.... come to think about it, I have not had a single overseas trip with my family ever sinceeeee.... I started to remember things as a kid?!?! Yesss....it's that bad and sadddd. I don't know ... but I think the last time we travelled overseas together as a family might just be wellll.... a genting highlands trip when I was just 3 years old??? ( Haha, what coincidence! ) I missed out twice when my sis went taiwan with our mum and when she went hk with our parents... I guess.... given the chance now, I shouldn't miss out again :) It's still not a 100% comfirmed thing yet but shouldn't be a big problem, got to wait for her reply again as she's trying to change the travelling dates and hotel rooms to match with the ongoing hotel promotion rates which only happened after she has booked! Haaa ~ I think with me joining in this family trip, the only difference I probably make is... there would now be an 'official' photographer to document the happenings ( My sis don't have a proper camera and my dad only likes to take unglam candid shots of everything ... hahaha!)... which of course, I'm more than happy to offer my humble 'service' =) hehe.


Talking about photos, went prawning with the girls last sunday to celebrate rumin's belated birthday. I think... I just don't enjoy prawning that much :p ... or maybe.. I just don't really like the prawning locations... it's not very clean and there's always people smoking around... but all these paled when compared to my previous experience with 3 big dogs roaming freely... back then, 1 hour of prawning felt like 100 days of living in hell, hahaha~ ( but sometimes, I do think that's the 'beauty' of such places...the very 'raw' untouched feeling of the environment...the dirty floor with cigarette butts lying around... paints peeling off from the fences surrounding the pond ... random things discarded all over the place...the way the people dress when they engage in such leisure activity... the way the people/uncles pose with their rods when they are so engross in prawning... the natural facial expressions when they are waiting patiently or impatiently for the prawns to get hooked to their baits... it's interesting in its own way...but somehow I just don't feel very much at ease...probably in my mind, I am constantly worried about when a dog/cat would suddenly appear behind me etc. It's such an irony.... I do like the old, natural , untouched environments... but it's usually because of such natural surroundings, dogs or cats are free to roam about... hmmm...)


*** Hauling was telling me that cigarette butts lying on the ground are not something considered to be 'natural' .Well hahaha... I think my 'natural' here is more of refering to a ‘不做作’ 的感觉。呵呵。