29 January, 2008

星晴


I made the book above for my cousin's girlfriend, as a gift to celebrate their monthsary. Well, it's kind of like a customised book but not exactly right...haha. I'm free to come out with my own concepts based on what I found out of his gf's likes. My initial idea was not like that... but somehow along the way... it got transformed as I went shopping for materials and saw stuff that I could perhaps used to make the book.


In the past, I had made book covers wrapped with bookcloth, paper materials and simple cotton cloth...and this was my first time using a canvas for a book cover, in which I've bought acrylic paints to paint the blue sky seen on the book itself. The whole process of making the book was somehow not very smooth, it took a much longer time than I've estimated... and cutting the foam to paste on the book so as to create a '3D' effect was more tedious than I've imagined it to be. Well, probably...it could be that it was my first time trying out this style...the more 'cartoon-ish' pattern... and hence it's not as smooth-sailing as expected.




I know the idea of "star-gazing" or "wishing upon a shooting star" is such a typical scene which we always see couples doing it on dramas or movies. However, no matter how 'typical' it may seem.... to me, it's a classic. A beautiful, romantic and special moment shared by two loving hearts =) Hopefully, my cousin's gf will like the book =)

This could be the journal which I first sold. It's more like barter trade actually hahahaa...but whatever, every bit is a small step forward.