Wow!

That was my first reaction when I first saw the cover of the movie soundtrack on some fan's webpage, soundtrack that has yet to be released (of course). Hahaha...I thought that was a good shot...absolutely stunning! It has that kind of right look for a psychotic killer upon first glance ( that's what I felt ) ..or someone plotting some evil plans at the back of his mind. Very cool for a cover...now I'm gonna get that no matter how bad he sounds! ( I heard a chorus of " Cheyyyy.... we all already knew that le lohhhh" ) Hahahaha ....

Well, I thought his new look as Sweeney Todd bears some resemblance to his look in Edward Scissorhands, his very first movie that caught my attention when I was still a kid =)
If ...
Edward was a cold-blooded animal to begin with ( robot ),
who was implanted with a human heart and having a mind of innocence ...
who was later being framed ...
in order to make peace with the society ...
he had to leave the woman he loved...
withdrew himself from the society ...
and went back to stay in his lonely mansion at the top of a hill.
then ...
Sweeney was an ordinary family man to begin with,
who was being framed and banished ...
robbed off from his blissful life...
in order to seek his revenge ...
he escaped from the jail 15 yrs later...
Eventually, he lost his mind ... he turned into this "cold-blooded" animal...
who took his revenge upon the whole society.
Two different stories with some similar encounters ...but what caught me was ... it also seemed like a story rewinding itself.
The first is from "cold to warm" , ( 1990 ) Edward was an outcast who was gradually embraced by the society although his attempt still failed in the end, and remained as an outcast.
The latter is from "warm to cold", ( 2007 ) Sweeney was a contented middle-class man who unfortunately was turned into an outcast by the corrupted society that resulted in tragic consequences.
Well, to me ...that is really interesting...two different characters that tranform themselves in opposite ways ...especially so when you know that they are to be played by the same actor, directed by the same director .... with about 20 years of gap in between . Wow.