07 September, 2007

Sweeney Todd... coming "soon"

Johnny Depp as Sweeney Todd ( holding a razor in hand), Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Lovett


Hohoho...hahaha...a movie to look forward to finally!!! ( Or rather...should I say I've been looking forward to it ever since I knew Johnny Depp is gonna s-i-n-g in this movie?..haha )

According to news, this movie will be shown in time for the christmas season, world wide. Hehe...if not, it will probably end up somewhere in January next yr? Haha...either way, it's coming soonnnnnn...at last! =D

This movie, directed by Tim Burton ( the sixth-time collaboration with Johnny Depp, previous collaborations include Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ), is an adaptation of the broadway musical "Sweeney Todd: the Demon Barber of Fleet Street ". I'm guessing this is gonna be rated as NC-16 or M-18 here... it does seem to be quite a bloody thriller when you have the whole story revolving around a wrongfully-punished man seeking his revenge...slitting his customers' throats and using the dead bodies to fill meat pies...

Haha..ok...I know this doesn't sound like something I would like to watch...with all that seemingly horror content involved. Buttt...haha, guess I would never want to miss an interesting performance because of that...there's always exception ;) hehe. If the movie is to go by the musical's ending...it's actually quite sad =(

Right now, I just can't imagine how Johnny Depp is gonna managed his singing parts in the movie...all the casts in the movie are not dubbed in singing. Well, I've watched snippets of the original musical on you tube...and you know...in a broadway musical...you have those stage actors go " RaarrRRRRRRR.....aahhhH!!!" singing with so much power and holding on to the notes perfectly...and when I heard them sing I actually laughed ( I'm sorry) because I just can't imagine how Johnny Depp is gonna sing in the same way! Well...when the movie is in the hands of director Tim Burton.. I guess it's really not gonna be quite the same...not something conventional. It's just like how the look of Willy Wonka turned out to be very different from what I've pictured in my mind when I first started reading the story book...yet it's still fun and interesting to watch.

Ahhhhh...I want to see the trailer badly!...But I guess still have to wait...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Last Sat was spent watching "Hairspray" with my sis....and had another stayover at her house because her hubby was away for a night in a camp.

That was a pretty good musical movie! The style I would say it's similar to that of the Disney's production "High School Musical" ( which I happened to watch on tv) ...some parts did seem kind of cheesy...hahaha...like a string of karaoke songs playing back to back...but it was fun with all that crowd and dancing. Towards the end of the movie, it's as though I was watching the finale of some concert...felt like standing up to cheer and dance...haha!

But to date, I think Moulin Rouge is still the best musical which I've watched....haha for some reasons...that movie don't have that effect of "a string of karaoke songs playing back to back" on me....the story is much more emotional with nicer cinematography.

Hairspray: 7.5/10