Back to basic, the wonder of alphabets.
Haha, well... I think my new blog skin has turned out to be unexpectedly cute, bright, cheerful and even neat. Adjectives that seem incompatible with my personality isn't it?
I think the idea to try designing the more cartoon side of graphics came unexpectedly as well. That was after looking at the photograph of Nicholas Tse and Cecilia Cheung's baby son published on the newspapers. Hahahah... inspiration that came from gossip papers ... unbelievable huh? I guess this only goes to show that inspiration does exist everywhere and anywhere ...it's just how you see it and digest the materials around you. So back to the baby photo ...hahaha...that was so cute , smiling with his eyes close haha. Couldn't help but to take second glance at it ... and then it came to me that ...his closed eyes resemble that of " two inverted U's ", his small nose looks like a " small c " and his smile could be represented with a " big C " .
And thats when I had this idea to try creating graphics using only our 52 alphabets (big and small letters combined), playing with perspectives ...rotating , flipping and even stretching them to see what can I form out of it. Below are two of my initial drawings when I first started playing with the letters using the font, Century Gothic. They are still in the drafting stage without colours and background. I called them the " celebrity-wannabe "(left) and the " little-miss-spoilt-brat "(right).

For myself, I particularly like how the two inverted small letter ' r 's are used to form the boots that " little-miss-spoilt-brat " is wearing ...in fact I think the whole idea of creating this spoilt-brat-looking image came after I accidentally flipped the small letter ' r ' and thought it resembles a black boot and then ... I started linking boots to mini-skirt to corset to arrogance haha.
And so I thought maybe I could keep the idea going ... by designing more. And thats when I thought of a new blogskin design made out of the alphabets as well. When I was thinking of a theme ... I started conjuring up with images in my mind ...
I lay sideways on the green grass patch,
bringing my knees close to my chest,
as I hold out my hand to caress the soft grasses.
My shoes are hiding in a distance,
taking its rest after a long walk up the hill.
I close my eyes,
taking in the cool serenity of the early morning.
I let my senses ...
lead me to my imagination.
Breathe in ...breathe out...in and out,
I could feel the land which I rest upon ...
eagerly preparing itself for the warm shower of tender love.
Just then,
the clouds draw back its curtain to welcome the first ray of sunshine .
The birdies come together swiftly,
joining their wings in a circle.
They sing the unknown melodies,
tapping their feet to the rhythm of their songs,
with the occasional, graceful leaps into the air.
Every now and then,
I hear the fluttering sounds of the butterflies,
busily hopping from flower to flower.
The gentle breeze brings me the sweet scents,
the warm rays fill my heart.
I wake up with a pencil in hand,
sketching out my dreams in my journal ...
as the world continues to rejoice in the celebration of a brand new day.
I guess I have already introduced all the characters which appear in my blog design with the description above...haha. I find it alot easier to describe in words when I can visualise strong images at the back of my mind ...
Playing with alphabets...rearranging them and then slowly build them up to form images. They make me realise that things aren't as complicated as they seem. If you know your spelling, you can draw !