21 September, 2007

Reading as new hobby?

Ahhh hahaha... I'm on the verge of giving up reading Wuthering Heights!

And I've only just started reading on the first page of the book last night ...hahaha, omg ...I'm worse than wanling who only gave up after reading half of the book...haha. I guess I can sort of understand nowwww ...

Being a classic romance literature, I must say the words are not too easy to digest for me. The way they phrase the words is a little different and it does take time for me to understand what the words mean. Ahh... I shall give it one last try tonight before I decide to return it tmr! Haha ...

Ah, you must be wondering what makes me want to borrow the book then? Heh, well I was in the library randomly browsing titles last sat... and I was suddenly reminded of a book which my gp tutor recommended us to read years ago. A book by the author Emily Bronte, which according to her is a must-read book about the deep love for each other. ( Strange huh, being the famous sleepyhead in class that I was ... I did remember what was being said!!! Yeaaaa ... the u-n-i-m-p-o-r-t-a-n-t stuff that is ...haha.)

Hmm...

For someone who hardly read any Enid Blyton's story books in her younger years...

who till now, couldn't tell you what Little Red Riding Hood was all about ... besides knowing there's this grandmother and a wolf who pretends to be red riding hood.

who didn't read any Nancy Drew's, Famous Five or River Valley High stories ( I think I remembered reading just one book out of the whole series. [Edit]: Oops, I meant SWEET Valley High ) whom her classmates were crazy about...

who prefers reading unknown titles of books with 3/4 picture and 1/4 words in big fonts ...

It's hard to imagine that I'm finally reading now ... haha, reading at a time when I'm not schooling anymore ( when teachers used to encourage us to read to improve our english ).

Well, it's not like I'm reading alot now ... but at least I would say I do not dislike it as much. Still, I think I'm being rather selective on the books I read ... I guess I've not reached the stage to appreciate books with too much wars and politics, fantasy and fairy-tales ... etc.

Inspirational tales or real-life stories on a person's encounter would probably be something which I'll prefer.

Books which I have read since last year ( haha oops, can count with one hand) :


  • The Old Man and The Sea - Ernest Hemingway
  • Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom
  • The five People You Meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom
  • The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho

Books which I want to read but they are always grabbed/reserved by others in the library like some hotcakes( Shall consider paying $1.55 to reserve too) :


  • For One More Day - Mitch Albom
  • Shantaram - Gregory David Roberts
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns -Khaled Hosseini
  • Veronika Decides to Die - Paulo Coelho
  • Life of Pi - Yann Martel


Haha, amazon.com is an amazing thing, probably the second best thing next to google. They help you group simliar books together so if you like a particular book, you may also want to try reading other books listed ... which I think is good for people like me who reads selectively.

If you have any good books which you think I may like , do let me know =)