06 August, 2009

Oh man...

When I signed in to msn,
saw this news which caught my attention...
It reads 'Prince William at 27, Royal Fallout'...
and there's a series of pictures focusing on his thinning hair.
Prang.... prang... prang...
A series of 'heart-breaking' noise followed as I clicked
next, next, next...
Ahhhhhhhh... haha man,
I was pretty stunned for the first few seconds...
and thought it was his dad instead.
I hope I'm not being mean here,
it's just not quite what I was expecting ... really.
Well, I think the last piece of news that I've read of him, before this,
was him peeing in the public which was equally shocking?


I've told this story to some of the girls before...
and I'm saying it again because...
it's just so funny and I was amazed at myself...
for having the guts to say that out loud back then,
to the whole class.
And so the story went like...


One day,
my sec sch Eng teacher wanted us to compose similes.
He didn't want the common types of similes like you know...
" as easy as ABC ", " as white as a sheet" ...that kind, no no.
He wanted us to form our own similes,
creative ones so we could apply to our essays writing.
He gave us some time to think...
and when nobody volunteered to start the ball rolling,
he randomly called out names.
When my name was being called,
(yes... suay lahhh)
I shouted my answer from the back...
( sat at the last row)

" As charming as Prince William! "

And then there's this brief moment of silence,
before heads started turning to look at me.
Hahaha.
I must have 'stunned' some of my classmates at that moment,
being the low-profile 'quiet' person impression that I gave.
The teacher repeated after me,
as if to make sure he hadn't heard wrongly.

" As... charming..... as Prince William .... "

he kept nodding his head ( as if to say, ' ahhhh.... I see' ),
and then he grinned in approval...hahahaha!
I guess I must have stunned him too, lol!
原来佩佩是个大花痴,还真看不出来。
Well, if he were to ask me now...
I'll probably say...
" As cool/sexy as Johnny Depp! " Hehehehe...


So yuppp... back to the news.
I remembered when I first saw Prince William on the papers,
when the media reported Princess Diana's death...
I pointed to his picture and asked my sister,
this guy is really a real prince ah?!
As in really real de ah?!?!!
I gazed at that picture for quite some time...
unbelievable...
as he looked like the kind of prince I'll picture in my mind...
when I read fairy tales as a kid.
And the irony is, he's real, the real 'prince charming'... haha.
Ahhhhhhh....it's all history, past tense...
those were the teenager's days.
Sigh, fairy tales will always be ... just fairy tales.
Hahaha...


Jay Chou also got this hair problem...
although nobody knows how bad is it..
and he admitted to wearing partial 'hair wig'
to add volume and for better styling effect.
As cliche as it may sound...
(simile again, I'm good at it haha!)
this is perfectly fine,
cos his music is the real thing...
and that is where his charm lies :)
Although I think my heart will break again,
if one day I were to see it.
Can't help, it's a visual appeal thing...
we know it's not the most important thing in the world,
but it's natural to feel a little sad about it (initially),
hmm rite?


Side note:
My sister who has seen the Prince William's pictures too,
told me she thought that person was his grandpa initially.
Oh mine ~~~~~~
Prang~ pranggg~~ pranggggg~~~~~~~~
I'm not the meanest afterall, lol! ;p