06 March, 2009

Public Enemies

Photobucket

"Killer shots" (of Johnny Depp) from the trailer of Public Enemies... Muahahahah~ I love his side glances and smirks...
那脸上的表情、不屑的样子,坏得很有味道!


Finally got to see the trailer of Johnny Depp's summer movie, Public Enemies! ( It has been a year plus since his last appearance on screen in Sweeney Todd) . Saw the poster too...but there's nothing great about the poster and hence I've decided to put up screencaps from the HD trailer instead :) Honestly, after watching the trailer... I wouldn't want to watch this movie if not for the very obvious reason that Johnny Depp was starred as the leading man. That kind of movie plot just doesn't seem to interest me very much...and could probably leave me in a daze as the story progresses ( I hope I'm smart enough/fast enough to understand...) Anyway, I saw some 'killer shots' of his facial expressions in the trailer which make me think that he has great potential to be nominated for best actor in the next year's Oscar... He didn't win when he was nominated in pirates1... neither did he win for his role in Finding Neverland...and he failed to win again for his Sweeney Todd's nomination. This action-thriller movie directed by Michael Mann... looks really 'Oscar-friendly' to me...hahaha...looks like the kind of movie that the judges would fascinate. So, this could be his best chance to date to get the oscar's recognition... if not, his next big movie after this should be "Alice in Wonderland" ...and I just cannot imagine how could that be linked with the oscar best actor nomination even if his performance is brilliant as always...hahaha, it just sounds 'oscar-unfriendly' ...and perhaps, thats one of the reason why Tim Burton hasn't won any best director award in the oscar too... haiz.