A Long Update
Ok...have not been blogging for a long long time...haha..hmm..let me count...there's only like a total of pathetic 3 entries in the month of April..hehe.
As you can see...within less than a month, I've changed and designed a new layout. I would say I like this layout more compared to the first one which I have made ...but I'll continue to make changes to it=) haha..maybe another new layout soon. In this layout, I want to create a feeling of the "night". Night holds a special meaning in my heart...it's something which is close to me. Remembering those days back in jc, I hardly sleep before 12am everyday...night is the time when I'll do my homework...study for tests...do my drawings or paintings with the radio on. It is the time when I reflect on what has happened in the day and think about what is probably gonna happen on the next day...night is when I'll sink into deep thoughts...reminisce the good old days...dreaming about my life ten or twenty years down the road. It's the end of a day and the start of a new day...haha..hope I'm not crapping too much in here...
So after I've changed the layout, my computer crashed for a week...haha..so I couldn't online( so hauling, now u noe the reason why u dun see me eh?) My cousin came to help me diagnosed the problem and the conclusion was tat my psu has fused. Heh..spent $35 on a new one..lucky not too expensive and there's no need to re-install windows and all my documents n stuff are intact..不幸中的大幸.
Crossroads.
To those whom have not known, it's over 90% comfirm that I've make the decision to study at Lasalle-Sia instead of the ntu's new design school. Though I've not gotten any reply from ntu yet, lasalle seems to be a better option. I managed to get into advanced standing in lasalle, skipping 2 yrs...and hence I need 2 yrs to get my ba(hons) in graphic design or i can choose to study for a year to get my diploma and then opt out, pursuing degree elsewhere. The case for ntu's new sch...it's a 4 yrs ba(hons) in fine arts...and hence it's the difference of 2 yrs in lasalle and 4 yrs in ntu...both leading to degree hons. Of course, there're qns as to how recognised are the degrees...well...i dunno actually...both schools claim..in fact all schools say that their degrees are internationally-recognised. In this art field, I believe people look at the portfolio you had more than the degree you've got..or maybe i'm wrong...whatever the case, if i can graduate earlier..I'll have the portfolio and the job experience...seems worthwhile..
I do question myself too...because everybody knows that I've waited for a year just for that ntu's new course...I ask myself am I wasting a year then if I choose lasalle over ntu.( I doubt if i'm being accepted by ntu...no reply so far...but I did badly for the faculty test..) Perhaps many would think I probably have...especially my relatives...It's already pretty shocking to them that I've decided to defer the university just for the ntu's pioneer course. However, as I reflect...I believe I've not wasted a year...in this period of time...I've learnt more programmes...flash...adobe premiere...html stuff..though I knew what I know are perhaps the very basics only because all are through self-exploration...no one to correct me if what I've done is right or wrong...I've also work for a period of time...earn some money...though yes I agree that I should not be so lazy and work more. Last year, people keep asking me about what am I doing...questioning me about my decision...and seriously, I hate to repeat myself...think I've answered the same kind of qns for like 30-50 over times! But yes, I know people are just concern about me and that's why they even bother to ask...but it gets so sian each time when I meet up with certain people...I've expected them to ask and I've memorised my ans too...heh.Now that I'm changing my study plan, yes, I expect people to start questioning me again...I hope I have a voice recorder to record my answer...hehehe.
I'm glad that my parents give me this freedom to make my own decisions or perhaps my parents are "bo chup"...because it's simply too difficult and tedious for them to understand the ever-changing education system here. I thank them for not stopping me when I told them that I wanna take a one-year study break to wait for the new course in ntu and now, for not disapproving the change of my decision to study at lasalle.
It's hard to say if I've made the right kind of decision....back then in march after getting my 'A' level results...looking through all the courses offered by ntu and nus...I'm lost...I cannot see myself in any of those courses...I cannot see my future ten years down the road. And then I saw this new art school in ntu which is gonna open in 2005...I'm pretty excited ...decided to give it a try and hence waited a year for the new school to be opened. At the begining of 2004, I had this opportunity to teach in a secondary school as a art relief teacher.It's a precious learning experience which made me realise that I do not aspire to be an art teacher and hence I did not consider applying to NIE. This year, I applied to lasalle as well...it's meant to be my backup option if ntu rejects me. What I didn't expect was that lasalle actually offers degree programmes and that I actually got into their advanced standing. So, after much thought...weighing the pros and cons of both schools...end up with this decision.
So yes, it's NOT that I've a thorough plan right now and that I can picture myself ten years down the road....but at least if you ask me, I can tell you that I'm studying a course which I'm interested ...I don't know if I will excel in it...but it definietly gives me the motivation to learn and work hard.
Cousins gathering.
There seems to be an increasing number of outings with my cousins this year. I think it's due to the fact that 2 of my cousins are waiting for poly sch term to start..1 waiting to go ns ...blah blah..more flexible time and that now we are no longer kids, our parents allow us to organise our own activities. So, within this period of time when I've not blogged...I've watched " Guess Who" and "三岔口" with them. "Guess Who" reminded me of another movie, " Bend it like Beckham". It's love comedy between a black and a white...not bad..good for laughs. As for "三岔口", I'm kind of disappointed with the movie. The trailer seen on tv seems good with all the big casts, but then the story plot...eh so-so only...cannot be compared to "无间道"... Daniel Wu acted in the movie and I guess that's the only comfort for me spending the 8.50 bucks. =)
Wow, this is really a very long update...haha..wonder if anyone read till here without skipping a line...hmm..
Good night!
As you can see...within less than a month, I've changed and designed a new layout. I would say I like this layout more compared to the first one which I have made ...but I'll continue to make changes to it=) haha..maybe another new layout soon. In this layout, I want to create a feeling of the "night". Night holds a special meaning in my heart...it's something which is close to me. Remembering those days back in jc, I hardly sleep before 12am everyday...night is the time when I'll do my homework...study for tests...do my drawings or paintings with the radio on. It is the time when I reflect on what has happened in the day and think about what is probably gonna happen on the next day...night is when I'll sink into deep thoughts...reminisce the good old days...dreaming about my life ten or twenty years down the road. It's the end of a day and the start of a new day...haha..hope I'm not crapping too much in here...
So after I've changed the layout, my computer crashed for a week...haha..so I couldn't online( so hauling, now u noe the reason why u dun see me eh?) My cousin came to help me diagnosed the problem and the conclusion was tat my psu has fused. Heh..spent $35 on a new one..lucky not too expensive and there's no need to re-install windows and all my documents n stuff are intact..不幸中的大幸.
Crossroads.
To those whom have not known, it's over 90% comfirm that I've make the decision to study at Lasalle-Sia instead of the ntu's new design school. Though I've not gotten any reply from ntu yet, lasalle seems to be a better option. I managed to get into advanced standing in lasalle, skipping 2 yrs...and hence I need 2 yrs to get my ba(hons) in graphic design or i can choose to study for a year to get my diploma and then opt out, pursuing degree elsewhere. The case for ntu's new sch...it's a 4 yrs ba(hons) in fine arts...and hence it's the difference of 2 yrs in lasalle and 4 yrs in ntu...both leading to degree hons. Of course, there're qns as to how recognised are the degrees...well...i dunno actually...both schools claim..in fact all schools say that their degrees are internationally-recognised. In this art field, I believe people look at the portfolio you had more than the degree you've got..or maybe i'm wrong...whatever the case, if i can graduate earlier..I'll have the portfolio and the job experience...seems worthwhile..
I do question myself too...because everybody knows that I've waited for a year just for that ntu's new course...I ask myself am I wasting a year then if I choose lasalle over ntu.( I doubt if i'm being accepted by ntu...no reply so far...but I did badly for the faculty test..) Perhaps many would think I probably have...especially my relatives...It's already pretty shocking to them that I've decided to defer the university just for the ntu's pioneer course. However, as I reflect...I believe I've not wasted a year...in this period of time...I've learnt more programmes...flash...adobe premiere...html stuff..though I knew what I know are perhaps the very basics only because all are through self-exploration...no one to correct me if what I've done is right or wrong...I've also work for a period of time...earn some money...though yes I agree that I should not be so lazy and work more. Last year, people keep asking me about what am I doing...questioning me about my decision...and seriously, I hate to repeat myself...think I've answered the same kind of qns for like 30-50 over times! But yes, I know people are just concern about me and that's why they even bother to ask...but it gets so sian each time when I meet up with certain people...I've expected them to ask and I've memorised my ans too...heh.Now that I'm changing my study plan, yes, I expect people to start questioning me again...I hope I have a voice recorder to record my answer...hehehe.
I'm glad that my parents give me this freedom to make my own decisions or perhaps my parents are "bo chup"...because it's simply too difficult and tedious for them to understand the ever-changing education system here. I thank them for not stopping me when I told them that I wanna take a one-year study break to wait for the new course in ntu and now, for not disapproving the change of my decision to study at lasalle.
It's hard to say if I've made the right kind of decision....back then in march after getting my 'A' level results...looking through all the courses offered by ntu and nus...I'm lost...I cannot see myself in any of those courses...I cannot see my future ten years down the road. And then I saw this new art school in ntu which is gonna open in 2005...I'm pretty excited ...decided to give it a try and hence waited a year for the new school to be opened. At the begining of 2004, I had this opportunity to teach in a secondary school as a art relief teacher.It's a precious learning experience which made me realise that I do not aspire to be an art teacher and hence I did not consider applying to NIE. This year, I applied to lasalle as well...it's meant to be my backup option if ntu rejects me. What I didn't expect was that lasalle actually offers degree programmes and that I actually got into their advanced standing. So, after much thought...weighing the pros and cons of both schools...end up with this decision.
So yes, it's NOT that I've a thorough plan right now and that I can picture myself ten years down the road....but at least if you ask me, I can tell you that I'm studying a course which I'm interested ...I don't know if I will excel in it...but it definietly gives me the motivation to learn and work hard.
Cousins gathering.
There seems to be an increasing number of outings with my cousins this year. I think it's due to the fact that 2 of my cousins are waiting for poly sch term to start..1 waiting to go ns ...blah blah..more flexible time and that now we are no longer kids, our parents allow us to organise our own activities. So, within this period of time when I've not blogged...I've watched " Guess Who" and "三岔口" with them. "Guess Who" reminded me of another movie, " Bend it like Beckham". It's love comedy between a black and a white...not bad..good for laughs. As for "三岔口", I'm kind of disappointed with the movie. The trailer seen on tv seems good with all the big casts, but then the story plot...eh so-so only...cannot be compared to "无间道"... Daniel Wu acted in the movie and I guess that's the only comfort for me spending the 8.50 bucks. =)
Wow, this is really a very long update...haha..wonder if anyone read till here without skipping a line...hmm..
Good night!