21 December, 2008

The Southern Ridges ( Part 2 ) --- Hort Park and Alexandra Arch

Waiting for my hair to dry ( though not much hair now haha) ... shall use this time to share pics taken moments earlier on in the day :) Finally visited the Hort Park and Alexandra Arch ... was quite a disappointment I must say... I thought botanic garden was actually better. Probably I went with a pretty high expectation ...expecting to see beautiful landscaping and flowers. Landscaping was ok... flowers wise were quite pathetic...ehhh...the unique flowers were kept in indoor spaces but strangely, the doors were locked and visitors couldn't enter...wonder if it's only for today? Still, it was pretty fun... just exploring and enjoying the greenery around us...with very good weather too...in fact it was way too good...hahaha...a very sunny afternoon in this rainy season.



Honestly,because of the strong sunlight... most of the time I dunno what picture was I taking because the lcd screen reflected the glaring light...




I'm a happy worker.... haha~



This watering can was really bigggg...and surprisingly quite heavy considering it's empty...haha can see from the way I'm holding it.



Hahaha... æžįŽ‘į‰ˆ~ A pose inspired by a funny uncle and so we decided to try our own versions...haha. Scarecrow: " Hey, what are you doing?!?! "







Very nice ambience to dine in... not so sure of the price but should be more towards the high end side huh... anyway, haha... there's this ongoing 'promotion' going on at the restaurant...just leave your namecard with them and you stand a chance to get picked by them for a free lunch/dinner of two. Shu rong left hers , haha ~ Goodluck!



The Alexandra Arch --- not much to see...except for the changing Led lights.... the arch was designed to look like a leaf....but somehow... the design concept didn't strike me instantly. From that angle above, it kinda looked like a harp? Ha....



Then from this angle, it looked like some form of DNA structures or those molecules stuff...

The changing lights~





That's it...end of the day!

Oooo... I went to shop for xmas present too for the gift exchange with the girls :) Walking alone aimlessly (eh with some purpose actually not totally clueless) in a shop (and cracking my brain at the same time) for an hour or so before meeting shu rong. Finally decided on the gift and made a happy purchase :) I hope the person who receives it will like it too as well... and hopefully she doesn't already have it hehe...(crossed fingers)